National Diploma: Financial Accounting

The Course

managementcourses.co.za-national-diploma-financial-accounting00 - Copy

 

This course is accredited by FASSET SETA.

Course Structure

  • Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
  • Public Accounting Administration
  • Computerised  Bookkeeping
  • Business Literacy
  • Financial Statements
  • Cost and Management Accounting
  • Technical Public Accounting
  • Business Law and Accounting Control
  • Corporate Strategy
  • Management Accounting Control Systems
  • Financial Reporting and Regulatory Frameworks
  • Research Theory and Practice (By short dissertation, topic; Public Accounting)

What you will be able to do once you complete this level?

Compile monthly financial statements

Work with Chartered Accountants and Auditors

Thorough knowledge of accounting theory and practice

Strategy

Management Accounting and Regulatory Frameworks

 

Once you have completed your National Diploma Financial Accounting NQF L6 Course, you may register with SAIBA to become a professional Accounting Officer. You can visit their website on www.saiba.org.za for more information.

When a SAIBA member, you will show that you are serious about your career. These professional organisations offer great benefits to their members. Benefits may include letters to your name, special offers and discounts, networking opportunities and more.   

These professional organisations require their members to update their knowledge and skills every other year by completing a specific number of continuing professional developing hours.

Exam Information

Students will be required to submit a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE).  This PoE comprises of formative activities and evaluations, as well as one Summative Exam. The PoE assessments include formative/interim activities and evaluations that count only 30% of the final mark. The Summative Exam will count for the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is basically a file containing on the activities and exams that will determine whether you are competent or not.

Upon successful completion, you will receive the National Diploma Financial Accounting NQF L6 by FASSET.

The ICB will send you a Programme Completion Certificate.

Assessment takes place in February, May, August and November.

 

PLEASE NOTE: The ICB Exam fees and Membership fees are separate to your course fees and will have to be paid seperately in order to take part in the exam or receive your Membership.

Converting to the ICB Accounting programme:

You can further your studies by switching to the Accounting Programme by completing just 1 or 2 extra subjects:

With the National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting  – You can attain the National Certificate: Bookkeeping by completing the Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns course.

With the Diploma: Public Sector Accounting – You can attain the National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting by completing the Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns course and the Income Tax Returns course.

Who is the ICB?

The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) has been around since 1931. Their aim is to promote bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management qualifications and membership of a professional body in South Africa.

The ICB offers professional exams for those who would like to work in the field of bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management. By completing any of these qualifications, skills courses or short courses, students can obtain professional ICB membership.

The ICB has been in a partnership with the Quality Assurance Partner of the Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (Fasset) for 80 years. The ICB is not a training provider. 

 

Where Can I Study This Course?