National Certificate: Small Business Financial Management

The Course

managementcourses.co.za-national-certificate-small-business-financial-management

 

This course is accredited by FASSET SETA.

Course Structure

  • Business Literacy
  • Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
  • Business Management 1

What you will be able to do once you complete this level?

  • Demonstrate an understanding of the documentation, processing and recording of a business’s financial transactions.
  • Communicate effectively with the business stakeholders.
  • Show you know what it means to be a general manager.
  • Cost and price products, and manage working capital.

What careers will I be able to apply for once I complete this qualification?

  • Assistant and administration in human resources, office management,
  • Legal, administration, public relations, finance, marketing, sales, customer relations
  • Junior Researcher
  • Junior Analyst
  • Sales Assistant

Exam Information

Your assessment is based on the submission of your Portfolio of Evidence (PoE), which will consist of formative activities and evaluations as well as a summative assessment (exam). The PoE assessment consists of a formative/interim assessment of assignments and evaluation, which counts for only 30% of your total mark. The summative exam contributes to the remaining 70%. Your PoE holds all you assessments and exam marks and will determine whether you are competent of not.

 

After successful completion you will be awarded with a National Certificate: Small Business Financial Management NQF L4 (SAQA ID 48736) by FASSET.

 

ICB will ward you with a Programme Completion Certificate.

 

Assessment takes place every February, May, August and November.

 

PLEASE NOTE: ICB Exam fees and Membership fess are separate to the course fee and will have to be paid in order to write your exams and get Membership status.

Who is ICB?

The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers has been active since 1931. Their aim is to promote bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management qualifications and membership of a professional body in South Africa.

 

The ICB conducts professional examinations for students who want to pursue a career in bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management. Completion of any of these qualifications or skills programmes and or short courses can lead to professional membership.

 

ICB has been in partnership with the Quality Assurance Partner of the Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (Fasset) for 80 years now. ICB is not a training provider.  

 

Where Can I Study This Course?