National Certificate: Small Business Financial Management (Entrepreneurship)

The Course

managementcourses.co.za-entrepreneurship-small-business-management00

This programme is accredited by FASSET SETA.

Course Structure

  • Business Literacy
  • Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
  • Entrepreneurship 1

What you will be able to do once you complete this level?

  • Understand what it means to be an entrepreneur in South Africa.
  • Identify business opportunities, set up a new business.
  • Understand the documents, processes and recording of financial transactions in the business.
  • Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
  • Cost and price products and manage working capital.
  • Manage business logistics.
  • Work with SARS and other statutory bodies.  

Exam Information

Your assessment with be based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE). The PoE will include formative activities and evaluations as well as a final exam. The PoE assessment includes formative/interim assessment of activities and evaluations that count 30% of the total mark. The final exam contributes to the remaining 70%.

Once declared competent, you will be awarded with the National Certificate: Small Business Financial Management NQF L4 (SAQA ID 48736) by FASSET.

You will also receive a Programme Completion Certificate from ICB.

PLEASE NOTE: Exam and Membership fees are separate to the course fees and have to be paid in full in order tow write your exam.   

Who is ICB?

The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) started in 1931. They promote bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management qualifications and membership.

They conduct exams for students who would like to work in the bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management.

ICB has also been partnered with the Quality Assurance Partner of the Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (Fasset) for 80 years. 

 

Where Can I Study This Course?