ICB Entrepreneurship: Higher Certificate Office Administration

The Course


This course is accredited by FASSET SETA.

Course Structure

  • Business Literacy
  • Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
  • Business Management 1
  • Office and Legal Practice
  • Business Management 2
  • Marketing Management and Public Relation
  • Financial Statements
  • Human Resources Management and Labour Relations

What you will be able to do once you complete this level?

  • Manage your diary and work schedule as a manger.
  • Operate efficiency as a general office manager of a business.
  • Apply marketing law, PR and economics principles in a business.
  • Draw up and interpret financial statements and reports.
  • Work efficiently with the HR and labour relations departments.
  • Apply business growth principles for local and global expansion.

What careers will I be able to apply for once I complete this qualification?

  • Senior Office administrator
  • Secretary
  • General Office Manager
  • Human Resources Manager
  • Labour Relations Manager
  • Field/Floor/Store/Department Supervisor
  • Customer Service Manager

Exam Information

Students have to submit a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE), which will include formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative final exam. The PoE assessment includes formative/interim assessment activities and evaluations that count 30% towards the total mark. The other 70% will come from the Summative final exam. By submitting your PoE, The assessors will be able to declare whether you are competent in this field or not.

Once successfully passed, you will be awarded with the Higher Certificate: Office Administration NQF L5 (SAQA ID: 23619) by FASSET.

ICB will award you with a Programme Completion Certificate.

Assessments take place in February, May, August and November.

PLEASE NOTE: The ICB Exam fees and membership fees are separate from the actual course fee and both have to be paid in order to write your exam and get ICB Membership.

Who is the ICB?

The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) was established in 1931. They promote bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management qualifications and memberships of a professional body in South Africa.

They manage professional exams for students who wish to work in the field of bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management. By completing any of these qualification, skills courses or short courses you can study your way towards a professional membership.

ICB is a partner of the Quality Assurance Partner of the Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (Fasset) for 80 years now.


Where Can I Study This Course?